At work we use TextPad as a general-purpose text editor for Windows. It’s not even close to TextMate on Mac OS X but it’s a welcome help in the Notepad world.
TextPad uses syntax definition files for syntax highlighting. As I’m writing lots of Freemarker template files at the moment I could use some color coding to make my life easier. Feel free to download the syntax file if you need some color in your Freemarker templates.
- Download the Freemarker syntax definition file.
- Save the file in the “Samples” subfolder in your TextPad installation folder.
- Open TextPad and choose “Configure → New Document Class…”.
- Specify a name for the class and the extension (*.ftl in our case) and
- enable syntax definition highlighting and choose the freemarker.syn from the drop-down list.
Open a new Freemarker template file and it will be nicely color coded.